Profile - Shri K.K. PARIDA,Director(Finance)
Sri Khirod Kumar Parida has taken over the charge as the 5th Director (Finance) of Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a Mini Ratna Government of India Enterprise (Schedule-B) and subsidiary of ‘Maharatna’ Coal India (Schedule-A) on 30th Sept, 2014. Before joining as director, he was the General Manager (Finance) South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) also a subsidiary of Coal India Limited and a well acknowledged Finance executive in the field of Contract Management, Treasury Management, Corporate Project and planning with a specialization in Cost Management and Budgetary Control.
Born on 20th June, 1957
• Graduated in Commerce from Kendrapara College, Kendrapara
• Did his professional degree in Institute of Cost Accountants in 1983
• Did his Bachelor’s degree in Law from Utkal University
PROFESSIONAL CAREER & ACHIEVEMENT
• Started his career in Central Coalfields Limited in the year 1981 and worked in MCL, SECL and again MCL as director. His more than three decade long career includes working in different capacity with different mining condition i.e., Underground and Opencast.
• He was instrumental in different changes made during these years starting from conventional mining to adopting of new technology.
• His role in Financial Management and Accounts, Effective handling of Treasury Management and Taxation of these companies has been widely acknowledged by the Company.
• Played a vital role in Cost Control and Budgetary Control.
INTEREST IN SPORTS & CULTURE
• Love to play Golf.